Denotation for processes, methods, practices or approaches that already lead to success in the past. Best practices are solution paths that are known to be the most effective.
Origin -> Anglo-American business administration
To keep in mind -> All executions refer to the Process level and not to the whole company.
Positive aspects of best practices
- Mesurable outcomes and success factors
- Repeatable and improvable
- Proven positive effects on the output and the feedbacks
- Independent of industry and location
Opportunities of best practices
- Easier risk identification and minimization
- Profit from mistakes of others
- More time for process management
- Higher [Effektivität|efficiency and effectiveness]]
Limitations of best practices
- Late identification of interpretation mistakes
- Expectations about level of success often too high
- Inaccurate research about operating conditions
- Examination intervals of outcomes, success factors and feedbacks often too big
Only use best practices if all general conditions and outcomes are known and understood. Every best practice strategy has its possibilities and limitations. Keep in mind that a best practice only is a tentative suggestion.